The universal scorecard allows you to calculate the score of a Stroke Play round of golf on any course (see Match Play calculator here).
The Stroke Play calculator automatically converts the number of strokes made on all holes to:
- Stroke Play score – gross and net
- Stableford net points – Standard and Modified Stableford
- Par Competition score – gross and net
- data for the WHS Handicap System – Adjusted Gross Score and Stroke Differential
See more details of the calculation methods after clicking on the individual names above.
Stroke Play scorecard
Before entering number of strokes made for the new course, you must enter the data from this particular course scorecard. The Scorecard data drop-down field at the end of the calculator is designed for this. There are values of: Course Rating (CR), Slope Rating (SR), Course Par, and par and stroke index values for each hole. Finally, any calculation is not possible without this data and the calculator will protest.
The Course Name is optional. This field helps the user to identify previously entered data.
It is important to check the Jurisdiction box properly in the 18-hole calculator. The formula for calculating Course Handicap for the CONGU countries (UK and Ireland) differs from that for the rest of the world. In contrast, for the 9-hole calculation, Jurisdiction does not matter.
Entering a complete set of data may be a bit time-consuming. However, this data remains stored in the form of cookies in the user’s browser and is available the next time the calculator is used. Of course, anyone can delete this data from the browser at any time by deleting cookies.
There are available three calculators designed for 18-hole courses:
1st 18-hole scorecard
2nd 18-hole scorecard
3rd 18-hole scorecard
and two calculators designed for 9-hole golf courses:
1st 9-hole scorecard
2nd 9-hole scorecard
After entering the data once, you can use the data of your favorite courses over and over again.
- The 18-hole calculator is designed for 18-hole rounds only. For 9-hole rounds, use a 9-hole calculator with 9-hole data: stroke indexes (SI) from 1 to 9, Course Rating and course Par for 9 holes course.
- Entering a number of strokes equal to 0 (zero) or leaving the field blank indicates that the hole is not completed. In such case the Stroke Play score is not calculated.
Do not hesitate to submit your comment / impression via the “Contact” page.
update: November 2022